Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Little Deities

Hello! I've been super busy crafting my dolly for the Little Deities exhibition which opens this week!
I was was invited to take part by the talented illustrator Daniel Atkinson, who is the curator behind this exciting show.

60 artists & designers were provided with a standard size baby doll. Using any medium or technique the artists were to convert his or her doll into a god of worship. 
Given the quality of what I've seen so far, I cannot wait to see the other godly babies on show!

Here is the development of my lovely little doll:

A work in progress...Bald & limbless.

Almost there...
Almost...

The final product

 My little deity, Madame Coco, the god of finery.
Yes, she is a bag.
Madame Coco invokes mere mortals with lust & yearning. She is the devil upon a shoulder when one aches but certainly can't afford.
Amen.

Exhibition runs 8th March  - 18th March.
Opening night is this Thursday 8th March from 6-9pm.
Come along & get amongst it!

4 comments:

art prints said...

this is funny.. but you really did a great job here.. I liked it..

ferdinand hegemur said...

cooL...

Talha SEO said...

Wonderful photos, I love the photo taken...
corporate asian wedding

Akhil Khatri said...

You are gifted, my friend. Awesome work

Check http://makealivingwriting.blogspot.in/ if you want practical information on how to make money by writing.